Ramblings of a 34B cup...

CHIT-CHATTING ABOUT ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT...
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Create Your OwnpetcentricOddcast Powered

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Tale Told Via Denim


Gather around my fellow tight rollers. Come closer, undo your top button and get comfy cuz today I am going share a story about one girls life stages through her jeans (DON'T get any funny ideas). Yes my friends it hasn't always been flattering, nor properly fit but come along on this adventure via a pair of indigo (sometimes) colored trousers. It likely all began with a pair of these cute and innocent little things. Unfortunately this was a trend that I decided to revisit in my "tween" years (braces and tightly permed hair in-tow) and unfortunately no one stopped me. Of course my closet was once home to Jordache, Levi and Calvin Klein but my true loves were GUESS and Marithe Francois Girbaud; (pronunciation still unknown) at the then whopping cost of $50.00 a pair. WHAT was my MOM thinking? In those days a pair of tapered leg, carpenter style, Girbauds in red or yellow with a tight rolled bottom hem were so sweet (complete the look with a pair of Eastland loafers void of socks-P.U.). I mean come on... what girl's silhouette doesn't benefit from wearing a high waisted, wide thigh pair of jeans finished off with the ever flattering tight-roll, peg-leg or pinned detail (get yourself a patch work silk or flannel shirt and you are really lookin' money)? Seriously-I am gagging! Too hot for jeans in the summer? Never! Just cut those babies off to desired finish length and wash 2x to get the perfect fray. I also wore em like this, and this (uff-dah) and this, my MOM and DAD did this, and I am hopeful I haven't ever done this. Is this a life lesson in what not to wear or what?

So kids, hopefully lessons have been learned in one short blog. Now do you part to spur the economy. Head on out to the local Nieman's and splurge on a pair of Sevens or Citizens of Humanity. Tell your husband/wife you are totally worth it (then dare them to debate it).

Bring your tight, little tuushy back tomorrow for a tribute.
P.S. Happy Birthday wishes to my MOMa bear! Can't wait til you "master" solitaire on your new laptop and get brave enough to "do the Internet." Love you MOM!

5 comments:

Fab Over 40 said...

I was such a tomboy in jr high that I wore the bibs after school all the time! Off to NM I go this week.

Nicki said...

I didn't even know they made Girbaud's in green!! I was so deprived!

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm rolling...I had dark purple and brick orange Girbaud's and I thought I was bad ass!!! Oh the days of pegged and pinned pants. I had some of those stylish Eastland loafers that I think I wore EVERY single day. Never mind that they were coming apart on the seam and my foot hung out...it was the cool thing to wear. Love your blogging babe - it brings a smile to my face!!! :) Love ya, Jaimie

Anonymous said...

Whatever....Those were the days that I was actually too small to fit in to those womanly curve huggers! But i did get a used pair of guess jeans from lynn cance ( 4 yrs my senior, about 5'10" 110lbs) And I also took my gap kids Jodhpurs, cut that tag right out and hand stitched them right on the pocketless behind of my perfectly sculpted tween ass.oh yeah....those bad boys were worn on the st paul luthern playground with the authority from god herself, and when erin kelly question the authenticity of my gently used clothing and couture gap kids wear, you can guess where i told her to go!!!

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone every day.

Start following our trades today and make up to 270% daily.