Ramblings of a 34B cup...

CHIT-CHATTING ABOUT ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT...
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Send your own ElfYourself eCards

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

S-C-H-A-D-E-N-F-R-E-U-D-E

Bueller... Bueller... I know I promised ya'll a little lesson in German and I know you thought it was a typo because of my fluidity in Francais (the kind if French you don't speak in front of your Grandma). So just as I promised we tackle the proper usage of my favorite German word. Don't panic no deep, guttural inflections necessary here. Just let it roll of your tongue... schadenfreude. If you need a little help with the pronunciation crank up your volume-your cube mate won't mind.



Definition:
malicious-joy; malicious glee; gloating; Schadenfreude f; Häme fSchadenfreude

Just admit it you all know exactly what I am talking about. Laughing at some poor fool who slips on the ice and takes a header. Getting a good chuckle out of a male type receiving accidental and unwanted contact to "jim and the twins". Whatever you get the idea and you and I both know you think it's funny.

So I learned my favorite German word from my favorite Broadway show Avenue Q. If you ever are in NYC and have time to take in a show this is the one you need to, have to, absolutely must go see! It is so bad it's GOOD! Not a single race, gender or sexual preference (hoping by now you are just pickin' up what I'm droppin'-cuz not sure if that makes sense) is safe. This show is no doubt an equal opportunity offender! A little side note to all parents: you have messed up your offspring enough already-these Sesame Street look alikes are NOT rated G. We are talking about topics from a pretty hot puppet scene "in the sack" to discussions of the "Burt" look alike puppet coming out of the closet. I know! Better than an entire afternoon of soaps-fur sure. The rest of the week I will keep the old Ipod link of my blog loaded with Avenue Q songs pirated from the dubya, dubya, dubya.

Zurückkommen morgen klugscheißer-hose (return tomorrow smarty pants) die brandung ist bis deutscher stil jungeeee (cuz the surfs up German style boyeeee)(check my work here if you don't trust me).

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I didn't get that whole - Bert look alike thing...little slow over here.

Fab Over 40 said...

Get a case of beer - it's a better value for the poor souls who have no money! That was my favorite "concept"!

Blogger said...

Teeth Night Guard is selling precise fitting and high quality custom made dental guards.