Ramblings of a 34B cup...

CHIT-CHATTING ABOUT ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT...
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Create Your OwnpetcentricOddcast Powered

Monday, March 17, 2008

Full Moon Over Ireland

Happy St. Patty's Day my Irish or Irish wannabe bloggers! In honor of this clover leaf day go ahead and indulge in a pint Guinness (or if you must just add a little green food coloring to your Miller Lite-crazy yankees). My hubby and have been fortunate enough to do a little traveling together and last year we spent a little in time in Ireland. I thought in observance of the day I would give you a little tour of our travels. You see we started in our excursion in Wickow where we had to act like totally tacky tourists and take this photo at some really important monument. Is it any wonder we Americans get a bad wrap? One the way back to our bed and breakfast via the Wickow Mountains (where Braveheart was filmed) we passed signs like this and I heard my hubby recite (siiiighhhhh, again) his favorite line "William Wallus... with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lighting from his arse". I know you are wondering how we managed to drive all over the countryside on the wrong side of the road and the wrong side in the car!?! Let me just say when Jerrid turned into oncoming traffic I hauled off and smacked him in the head with the map (I wish I were kidding-look at his glasses)! In all seriousness the scenery is like no other AND the Irish really are a cool group of lads and lad-ettes (I just make it up as I go) with a lot of love for their history. Only in Ireland do you visit the Dublin Castle (state the obvious why don't I) and learn where the word "plastered" (you know, bomb'd, wasted, housed) came from. Our guide said the pot-o-gold was getting a little low during construction and they couldn't afford the fancy stone for some of the towers... so what do the Irish do? They add a little stout beer to the wall plaster in order to get that darker finished look-hence the term "to get plastered" (I have no clue what you would do without me)! There you have it-just enough to keep ya coming back for more.

Speaking of more-saunter back again tomorrow one of my fav stops in Ireland: Powell Court (including the pet cemetery)(Powell Court Waterfall shown here).

I leave you my friend on this St. Patrick's Day with one final Braveheart (again) thought: "The lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure your f'd!"

3 comments:

Fab Over 40 said...

Nice scenery! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Disgruntled Princess said...

It's a darn good thing we have you to do the teachin' cuz I thought getting plastered came from the dimples left on your face when you hit the ground (ya know cement...plaster). Hmmm...the good old days!!

Nicki said...

J-Bob is gonna kill you....