Ramblings of a 34B cup...

CHIT-CHATTING ABOUT ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT...
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Create Your OwnpetcentricOddcast Powered

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hurtin' Fer Certain...

What the hell did we get ourselves into? When I said, "sure," I didn't really think he would do it. He says he's gonna do lots of stuff and never does. Of course I say that in the most patient and loving of tones. But, now it's done. Two entry fees paid for the Wells Fargo half marathon and now two prides are on the line with 4 weeks til go time. Today we logged 7.6 miles. My right hip was screaming, my left knee was throbbing and my right top molar had its own heartbeat. Yes, my tooth was mad about the run too. His right foot was causing him to run with this funny gait that made him look 90. Is this what it feels like to be 90? What is going on with us? Cardiovascularly we both coulda ran another 7.6, but our bodies were done. Two Tylenol each, three ice packs and and hour of good comedy on CBS tonight. I'm hoping it will help me forget we have less than a month until race time.

1 comment:

Disgruntled Princess said...

I had that same thought (signing up for that 1/2 marathon), but then the wisdom of my years (and the daily ache of my body) thought "maybe next year". See what you have to look forward to in your "old age"...the wisdom I mean.