Ramblings of a 34B cup...

CHIT-CHATTING ABOUT ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT...
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Send your own ElfYourself eCards

Friday, October 10, 2008

Fashion Friday: Denim, "on a dime."

With the world economy sliding and everyone seemingly pinching the hell outta every George Washington we MUST pursue economical fashion. By this I don’t mean pulling the crap out of the archives in your closet (think huge flannel shirts, jackets w/shoulder pads or tapered leg jeans)(BTW, if you still have any of this stuff-purge immediately). I mean finding up to date styles at a fraction of the cost thus allowing us all to maintain our necessary means for survival (i.e. buying a venti, non-fat, sugar-free, vanilla latte everyday). Today we talk about THE most important item in your closet. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You are nothing without a pair of GREAT fitting jeans. Get rid of all the ill fitting denim, and restock your closet with one or two staple pair, which make you feel like a million bucks (without spending $100!). You read it right. Find the best designer jeans for less than $100-actually for just over $50! Impossible? I think, actually know, not! I have never been a big consignment shopper (not that there is anything wrong with it). I’ve just never thought of stopping to dig around, and if I am perfectly honest, the smell of Goodwill really bugs me. But, as I weed out the, “no’s,” from my closet for the fall I was feeling a bit guilty about all the items with price tags still attached. I thought I would try my hand at consigning my things at Turnstyle. As they flipped though the pile of things I was dropping off I spotted a rack of jeans labeled, “designer denim.” I was shocked to see pair after pair of my personal favs! Seven for all Mankind, Citizens of Humanity, Joe’s Jeans and the list goes on and on. Some I recognized as the styles/cuts from 2008 FOR $59.99 INSTEAD OF $175.99 (if you wear a 31 or 32 waist RUN don’t walk to Turnstyle Plymouth)! That is a deal too good to pass up (and no funny Goodwill smells either)! So here are a few suggestions for places to put on your short list: Rodeo Drive in St. Louis Park, Turnstyle or Plato’s Closet both with many metro locations. Happy hunting!

4 comments:

Nicki said...

I will go next week....I was trying to remember where that was

Fabulous Over 40 said...

Sounds like a deal!

Always In Style said...

Ooh, wish I could take advantage of the Turnstyle Plymouth sale - but I'd have to add that it's not too horrible to invest $100 on a pair of jeans considering how often they're worn. The cost per wear is pretty low.

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone daily.

Follow our signals right now & earn up to 270% per day.