Ramblings of a 34B cup...

CHIT-CHATTING ABOUT ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT...
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Create Your OwnpetcentricOddcast Powered

Thursday, August 14, 2008

In Marlon's Hands...

We've covered a lot of ground this week. Weekend updates? Check. Cultural diversity? Check. Amy B's 30th Birthday? Check. And now it just seems right to talk art. Speaking of art... Reminds me of an old jingle from the Howard Hedger days: "Gene, Gene made a machine. Joe, Joe made it go. Art, Art let a fart and blew the whole damn thing apart!" Ok, seriously, grow up already would ya? Truly, this is one of my most fav-o-rito possessions. Marlon, this great kid, creates these one of a kind works of art with his mom. Marlon, whom I had the pleasure of meeting, is a fantastic kid with cerebral palsy. He doesn't let any of his challenges get in the way of being a happy child. I am proud to have my piece hanging in my kitchen where I can look at it and think of him each day. My works is about 24" x 36" and cost about $200.00 if memory serves. On the back it is "signed" with his hand print and numbered by his mom. Each piece is thick with paint swirled and maneuvered creating these valleys and ridges of texture. Now tell me where else you get a great piece of art for 4 Ulysses S. Grants'? I know! Check out his site, call his mom and jazz up a bare naked wall with his art work.

3 comments:

Henry said...

I love his work, its on my list of purchases to make.

Fab Over 40 said...

Definitely want to get one!

Disgruntled Princess said...

Can't find a reason not to do it and about a 100 reasons to get right out there and get one. I have seen yours and it is fabulous-gives me goose bumps.