Ramblings of a 34B cup...

CHIT-CHATTING ABOUT ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT...
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Create Your OwnpetcentricOddcast Powered

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to work I go...

Yesterday I was paralyzed when the Internet fell ill at my office. I had forgotten how much I relied on the duba, duba, duba to get things done, and to be quite frank, it was debilitating to be “offline.” My phone calls were made, my files all filed and the day was still young. I was fresh out of excuses to not clean up my act and whip my little corner of the interior design world into shape. Never before has my niche been so tidy, which is why you have finally been allowed a VIP pass to enter. Notice all my “black books” lined up perfectly in alpha order. Inside each one is the recipe for a perfectly coiffed space, complete with photos, quotes and the ever secret NET pricing. I’m sure you are asking where can I find a cute, girlie-girl blotter like the B cup has?!? Can’t do it. Try all you can. It’s a one of a kind. My old blotter was crumbling under the stresses of my daily grind, so today I recovered it in one of my fav fabrics trimmed with a perfect piece of left over cording. Wha-la! Here are my family photos I look at each day. My cute hubby and I (in between violent sea sickness) on our first (and last) cruise and of course Miss Kato. Pinned on my board a black and white from the Aberdeen American News of my first dance recital. God bless good, ole Jonny Cavelle for putting up with my class mixed of 4 and 5 year olds. Next to my phone is my original Amy B work of art. I love the colors and the thick paint carved with texture. Of course I had to garnish the corner with a few bamboo sprigs just to bring a little life inside the walls of the historic building I work in. Hmmmmm, let me see what else. Oh, this is a box of my favorite fabrics. This is my hard hat (pink) and my tool belt for installations (pink too, of course). And this is my desk chair. I used to have a chair when I started… I brought the “ball” to firm the tummy and back while clicking away at my keyboard. Then one day someone “stole” my “real” chair and, so, well, now there is no turning back. Notice if you will my new black shoes, which I only wore for about 15 minutes all day cuz they pinch in all the wrong places, (damn) and the dime I have been too lazy to pick up (my MOM would die). Here are two awards I won for the interiors of a home on the 2005 Luxury Home Tour (mental note: time to try and win another award). How could I forget my two favorite things at my 40+ hour cubby? Two cards which were attached to fresh cut stems on my first day working the downtown scene. That’s it! That’s me! Now git outta here, I have work to do…

3 comments:

Disgruntled Princess said...

Almost makes me want to go back to work...almost.

Henry said...

where is your desk at?!?! Its moved since the last time I was there. What's going on? I leave for 10min and everything changes...

gina said...

so cute! that ball thing is becoming very popular...have some buddies from my old job who are doing that now. love the fabrics...a little jealous of that blotter.